In my hometown, some of the Ute tribe grow zucchini for themselves, and have such a bountiful harvest they will throw random squash into open car windows, and this is a good recipe for those unexpected fruits ^^
6 Zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
2 carrots, sliced in small quarters
8 ounces of mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small Onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp. Tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbsp. riced cauliflower
- Scoop out pulp of zucchini halves. Heat pulp, onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, sauce and spices in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice to mixture and mix well.
- Restuff zucchini with mixture.
- Place in a baking dish with a little water on bottom.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes until zucchini shells are soft.