I love salad. It’s an easy way to add vegetables to my day and has a satisfying crunch. While this one might not be the healthiest salad ever, it’s still delicious and better than some alternatives. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato are the best of friends because their flavors and textures play off one another. The sweet and tangyness of the tomato contrasts with the savoryness and saltiness of the bacon, and the lettuce offers a satisfying crunch with each bite.
- 3 cups lettuce of your choice, washed and torn
- ½ halved grape tomatoes
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅛ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients lettuce first.
- Toss until well coated.
- Serve alongside a main dish or with soup and bread.