Ode to a cheeseburger what a wonderful thing
With pickles, onions tomatoes and cheese
I’m easy to please
With its buns and seeds it has no needs
Except to fill you up even if you get stuck
And yell oh shucks!
With its cousin the French fry
It tells no lies
With ketchup in your right
and the last fry in your left
Its just the burger on your plate
It truly is impossible to hate
– Matt Karger
Cheeseburgers are amazing things, and this soup is no exception.
- 3 cans reduced sodium cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pound ground beef/turkey
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup sliced/diced mixed peppers
- 1½ cans milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tb minced garlic
- 1 tsp dry bbq seasoning
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup diced cooked bacon
- ½ 14.5 oz can of diced tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped Portabella mushrooms
- Small can diced/sliced black olives
- ½ can black beans
- ½ can pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- French style fried onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Dollop of your favorite bbq sauce
- drizzle of ketchup and/or mustard
- Diced tomato
- crumbled bacon
- garlic croutons
- Throw all ingredients except sour cream into crockpot, stir well.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours; stirring occasionally to break up ground meat.
- minutes before serving, add sour cream and stir well.
- Divide into bowls, add topping if desired, or serve in a warmed bread bowl.
Update 6April2012: If you’re like me, and trying to clean up your eating habits; here is a great Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup Substitute recipe.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to see it!
Post it on social media with the hashtag #EmmmmerzEatz