The traditional Shrimp Boil has sausage, shrimp, crab, potatoes and corn; but usually requires a HUGE pot and makes a big mess. Try this version for the same flavors, but easier clean up.
- 1 lb small red potatoes, halved
- 2 vidalia onions quartered
- 4 pieces frozen mini corn on the cob, thawed, cut in half
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay™ seasoning
- 1 lb uncooked peeled deveined extra-large shrimp (16 to 20 count)
- 12 oz fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 lb whole crab, broken into pieces
- ½ lb sea scallops
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sriracha
- Combine horseradish, vinegar, ketchup, mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 6 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add corn and onions to potatoes; drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning; mix until evenly coated. Place shrimp, crab, and sea scallops in medium bowl; toss gently with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning; mix until evenly coated.
- Place equal amount of sausage on center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, arrange veggie mixture around sausage. Divide seafood evenly over sausage. Squeeze 1 wedge of lemon over each pack.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 6 minutes. Rotate packs ½ turn; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and sausage is heated through. Remove packs from grill, cut large X across top of each pack.
- Carefully fold back foil; sprinkle with parsley, additional Old Bay, if desired, top with remaining lemon wedges, and serve with prepared sauce, Tabasco and napkins.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.