Don’t you love salmon? It is one of my favorite foods; even in the little guy doesn’t care for it. (Maybe that will change?)
These packet dinners are awesome because they make clean up so much simpler.
The steam from the foil cooks everything to perfection at the same time—so half an hour later, dinner is ready. And when you’re done eating? Just crumple up the foil and toss it in the trash.
- ¾ teaspoon saffron threads, if desired
- 4 large green onions, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoky Spanish paprika or any sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless salmon fillets (5 oz each)
- 1 package (12 oz) fully cooked linguiça or andouille sausage links
- 16 shelled, deveined large shrimp
- 8 ounces squid/calamari rings
- 8 ounces clam meat
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 8 servings cooked instant brown rice
- 4 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced ¼ inch
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, chopped
- Soak saffron in 2 teaspoons hot water; set aside 30 minutes.
- To make salmon marinade, in small bowl, mix onions, garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the paprika, salt and pepper. In 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, arrange salmon; spoon marinade over salmon, turning to evenly coat. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Cut 8 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Grease with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add water to broth to measure amount of water called for on rice package for 8 servings. Make 8 servings rice as directed on package, using broth and water mixture for the water.
- Meanwhile, cut sausages in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into thin slices; stir into rice along with squid, clams, tomatoes, bell peppers and saffron threads with soaking liquid. Use fork to mix ingredients and separate saffron.
- Mound generous 1 cup rice mixture on center of each piece of foil. Add two shrimp (tail off) Top with 1 salmon fillet, and drizzle with a spoonful of marinade. Spoon any remaining marinade over fillets. Bring up long sides of foil together so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place packets on grill over low heat, allowing space around packets for circulation. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes for salmon that is opaque with a deeper pink center, or about 15 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork. Place packets on plates. Carefully unfold foil away from face. Sprinkle each serving with parsley.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.