Successful guest contributions are comprehensive, data-driven, action-oriented, tutorials, and interesting posts that teach our readers something new about the world of motherhood, military life or faith. Post topics may include (but are not limited to): birth, pregnancy, trials of faith, testimony, military experiences, PCSing, devotionals, homeschool unit lessons, parenting tips, home life lessons, parenthood, spouse-hood, a walk by faith, and more.
What I look for:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. I will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Blog. I aim to be casual, friendly, yet helpful, sometimes snarky, and typically I stay away from buzzwords, acronyms, and jargon.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your website in the body of the post.
- I won’t accept posts with spelling or grammar errors. If a post has those, it means the author didn’t spend too much time on it.
- I will be checking out your blog. I will look at the quality of your posts, the length, any reader interaction, and your social media.
- Send me a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog.
My audience ranges from brand new military spouses and parents, to homemakers about to experience the Empty Nest. Most of my readers are devout Christians, and enjoy food and the process of creating homemade meals for their family.
When you send your finished post, please include a headshot and a brief bio. Unless you are posting the blog for someone else, please do not add any author information in the text of the blog. Please DO include links to your blog’s social media accounts.
Please write in an easy-to-understand, accessible style. Avoid 3rd person. Because most of my audience is U.S.-based, I only able to accept blogs written in English. If you reference a statistic or a recent event in your piece, I encourage you to provide a link to the research or an article on the subject, if possible. Always ask: ‘How can readers benefit from this?’
Blogs should ideally be anywhere between 300-800 words. Please be concise and consider overall readability. Online readers often leave long pages before they finish reading, so try not to exceed 1,000 words.
Format and editing
All submissions will be edited for correct grammar and formatted per AP Style, before publication. We may also break up long blocks of text to increase readability. Keep titles short and simple, preferably no more than eight words. (include the areas you plan to place images for emphasis)
I welcome (HIGHLY encourage) image submissions with your blog post, as long as you have the rights to the image and provide a brief caption and photo credit.
Images must respect the dignity, values, history, religion and culture of the subject photographed. They must also accurately reflect the subject being discussed and not be misleading.
Blog submissions are not to be republished on the author’s own blog, or on any partner blog/site. Any articles submitted become property of emmmmerz.com. You many write a blurb about the post on your own blog and link to the submission on this site, and share it like crazy.
Tips for Success
- Be prepared to respond to comments.
- Be written in my style of writing (As close as possible)
- Have a killer title.
- Have an introduction that attracts interest and makes the reader want to read further.
- Use headings, subheadings, bold font for key sentences and bulleted lists so it is easy to read.
- Be 300 – 800 words long.
- Have a conclusion.
- Have a call to action for readers after the conclusion.
- Try to include links to at least 2 posts already published on Emmmmerz.
- Have an author bio at the end. You can link to your blog and a product of yours that is offered free to my readers.
- Offer links to a few suggested images in your pitch email.
- Do NOT include any affiliate links.
- Do NOT be offensive or derogatory.
- Do NOT plagiarize. Just don’t.
I retain the right to republish blogs in any of my other publications. I also reserve the right to decline to publish a submitted blog for any reason, including duplication of recent topics, the need for significant rewrites, pieces that are self-promotional, pieces that are discriminatory or offensive, or if the topic doesn’t fit with our needs. Because of the moderation process, blogs will not be published immediately. If several blogs are submitted at once (either by one person or by several individuals), I may stagger their publications to ensure each blog has time at the top of the page.
– How to submit –
Please send an email to me: emmmmrz.contact[at]gmail[dot]com.
Start the Subject line with GUEST POST (in ALL CAPS).
- Tell me briefly who you are.
- State the title of your proposed post.
- Outline the topic with bullet points.
- Include 1 or 2 links to other Emz articles that you will use to supplement your points. (if possible)
- Tell me how Emz readers would benefit from your post.
- Add a couple of links to your best posts. (If I like them, I will probably share them on my social media!)
Once I’ve accepted your post proposal, please set up your post as a Google doc on Google drive and share the post with emmmmrz[at]gmail[dot]com. (Please don’t be upset if I recommend some changes!)