Good down home comfort food makes everything better. Even miserable cold weather. To some, this may be a strange recipe, but it’s old fashioned and frugal, both of which are points in the good column as far as I am concerned.
- 2 lbs ham (with bone in)
- water to cover
- 2 small to med potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can French cut green beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ham in large pot and cover with water.
- Boil to make ham broth.(couple of hours)
- Cut ham into cubes and set aside.
- Place potatoes in broth to cook. Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, mix flour, eggs, and milk to form soft dough. (adding milk get as necessary)
- Roll dough to ⅛" to ¼" thickness.
- Cut dough into 1" by 1½" rectangles
- Drop dough into broth one piece at a time.
- Cook until dough is done.
- Add ham and green beans, cook til heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!