Meatloaf muffins that will knock your socks off.
I looooooooooove meatloaf! The texture, the smelll, the taste, the look; whole kitcaboodle. What I dont love is losing half to the fridge food spoilage! These freeze wonderfully, and the kiddos love that they are easy to eat.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Ready In: 25 Minutes Servings: 12
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup crushed Club house crackers
24 round Ritz crackers
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons steak sauce
1 tsp BBQ seasoning
1/2 TSP Beef Better than Bouillon
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 TBSP dehydrated minced Onion
2 TBSP dehydrated minced Garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/3 cup black strap molasses
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp smoke seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In muffin tin, place one cupcake liner and 1 cracker in each well.
3. Stir the ground beef, crushed crackers, minced onion garlic with the BBQ seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
4. Whisk the eggs, ketchup, BBQ sauce, Beef bouillon, and steak sauce in a separate bowl until smooth. Mix the eggs into the meat until evenly combined. If the mixture seems too dry, add a more ketchup/BBQ/Steak sauce.
5. Using ice cream scoop, divide evenly into muffin tins (on top of round cracker inside muffin liners to absorb grease), smoothing the top, then poking holes with the back end of a spoon into each.
6. To make topping mix ketchup, BBQ, steak, Worcestershire, molasses and smoke seasonings together with a fork. Top each muffin with approx 1 TBSP of topping.
7. Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 25 minutes.
I like to serve with muffin tin mashed potatoes and garlicy/bacon green beans
(and sometimes a salad as well) along side these.