I love potatoes, but they are one of the most-consumed foods in the US and most of us are getting way to many of them. However, many of the Cauli-Mash recipes out there call for boiling the cauliflower, which removes the nutrients from the veggie, along with the flavor and making them soggy. Enter: roasting! This helps caramelize the exterior of the cauliflower and really adds some amazing flavor.
I do recommend using a large food processor (Amazon affiliate) for this recipe.
^ Turn this into dinner!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the core finely. Toss with avocado oil.
- Turn oven to broil. Spread cauliflower onto a small baking sheet, and roast until tender.
- In a small fry pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and saute garlic until fragrant and golden.
- Move cauliflower to a large food processor, add the heavy cream, garlic, butter, sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and pulse until it looks like "mashed potatoes."
- Place mashed mixture into a sauce pot and heat through. Serve.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.