I don’t like buying canned anything when I can help it (BPA, processed ingredients, GMO, etc) So here’s a simple knockoff from one of our favorite sides from Green Giant; the bright mix of colors makes it attractive for most any occasion.
The crisp and sweet corn contrasts well with the bell pepper, onion and pimento. Adding a bit of smokey spiciness from the chili powder and cumin, this side dish may just steal the show!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- ⅔ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ 4 oz jar diced pimentos
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, cover with lid, and let cook for about 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.