I love mushrooms; more than any one person should. And since we started a low carb thing recently (more because we’ve realized how much better we feel when we are low carb than any particular thing) I’ve been looking for more unique ways to spice up our meals.
Unfortunately; the kiddos don’t seem too crazy about the majority of my experimenting, but they’ll get over it once we find a few things they like too.
- ½ lb sugar-free breakfast sausage
- ½ lb of ground beef
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 3 tbsp of chopped tomatoes
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- ¼ cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown the meats together and season with cumin, dried cilantro, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the meat.
- Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese with meat mixture; stir, then add 3 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes and stuff it inside of the caps.
- Bake in oven until the mushrooms are done. (you should prick them and have the fork piece through)
- Turn on broiler.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese return to oven for 5 minutes; or until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream and half of an avocado chopped
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.