In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, reviews and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services I feel are up to my standards. Emmmmerz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
All information on Emmmmerz is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician. Full Policies and Terms can be found here.
I love mushrooms; more than any one person should. And since we started a low carb thing recently (more because we’ve realized how much better we feel when we are low carb than any particular thing) I’ve been looking for more unique ways to spice up our meals.
Unfortunately; the kiddos don’t seem too crazy about the majority of my experimenting, but they’ll get over it once we find a few things they like too.
- ½ lb sugar-free breakfast sausage
- ½ lb of ground beef
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 3 tbsp of chopped tomatoes
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- ¼ cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Brown the meats together and season with cumin, dried cilantro, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the meat.
- Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese with meat mixture; stir, then add 3 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes and stuff it inside of the caps.
- Bake in oven until the mushrooms are done. (you should prick them and have the fork piece through)
- Turn on broiler.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese return to oven for 5 minutes; or until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream and half of an avocado chopped
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.