I am a sucker for creamy Yukon Gold potatoes, something about the texture and taste of the cream and butter and starch is just a mouth happy for me. This casserole is simple to put together and is great for a weeknight dinner or an office potluck.
- 2 lbs of Gold Potatoes
- 2 cups (pint) of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons caramelized onions
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley (or sprinkle some dry on)
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Peel and cube potatoes On stove mix all ingredients except cheese and simmer approximately 10-15 minutes until soft (test with fork). (Watch that the cream doesn't burn). Stir in half of cheese.
- When done transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining of Parmesan cheese
- Bake approximately 10 minutes until golden brown at 350 degrees!
The Golden potatoes and heavy cream make the dish!!
I linked up at the #SundayBlogHop over on Because I’m Cheap by Jenn; you should check it out.