Do you hate broccoli? (We all love it at our house)
Maybe you should give this recipe a go; roasting the broccoli caramelizes the sugars inside it, tempering out any bitterness and bringing out its natural sweetness; along with softening the woody stalks. Garlic boosts flavor and fights plaque buildup in your arteries.
Toss together the ingredients in minutes, pop in the oven, and you have a delicious, tender side that goes with anything.
Broccoli is super healthy. It’s rich in vitamin D, it’s also rich in vitamins A and K. It’s a great antioxidant with its concentrated vitamin C. Broccoli also helps move unwanted contaminants from our systems, which helps keeps our metabolism in balance.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon peel
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli florets
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet or line with nonstick foil.
- Combine oil, lemon peel, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Add broccoli and toss until coated.
- Place broccoli in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a cold oven, setting the temperature at 425ºF (220ºC), stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp and lightly browned.
- Divide into individual portions, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serves 4 - 6.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!