One of my favorite beverages of all time is a Shirley Temple; something about how the syrup and soda intermingle in the glass and the ice with a pretty straw. And don’t forget the maraschino cherry!
But, too much of a good thing; can turn into a bad thing, so I took the drink, and tweaked it just slightly. I hope you enjoy this version as much as I do!
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed juice from tangerines
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 can Blue Sky Cream Soda
- 1 tangerine slice
- Combine the water, sugar and tangerine juice in a small saucepan and heat over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved and the syrup is clear, take the pan off the heat and pour the syrup in a mug to cool to room temperature. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge until use.
- In a tall glass pour enough syrup to cover the bottom of the glass about ½" deep; add ice. Pour cream soda over gently. Slide a cute orange straw into your glass, and garnish with the tangerine slice.
The syrup will keep, tightly sealed in the fridge, for at least 2 weeks.