Everybody was Kung Fu eating
That teriyaki chicken is just like feasting
In fact, I thought I was dreaming
The flavors were so intriguing!
- 2-3 lbs chicken breast, chopped
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 4-5 large carrots, julienned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- ½ sweet white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 3-4 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce ingredients. (If you are just making the sauce for future consumption follow this step otherwise follow the next steps.)
- Make 3 cups brown rice following instructions of your choice (I like using my rice cooker)
- In a small sauce pan, over medium to low heat, heat the sauce until thicken stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes. Let the sauce cool and store it in a glass air tight container in the refrigerator.
- In a large heavy bottomed saute pan, over medium-high heat, add the sesame oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam broccoli until mostly soft. (a small saucepan and stainless steel steamer insert would be perfect!)
- Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken, onion, peppers, and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Turn heat off and add the broccoli, stir to combine.
- Serve over brown rice.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!
©Emmmmerz.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post for the recipe.