In order for me to support my blogging and social media activities, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, reviews and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services I feel are up to my standards. Emmmmerz is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
All information on Emmmmerz is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician. Full Policies and Terms can be found here.
Are you trying to be healthy and prepare your family healthy food? This is great, that you are working on making your family more healthy and feeling better. But sometimes only proper diet and exercise are not enough, if the environment that you live in is toxic. The benefits of the healthy food you eat will be neutralised and will not help your family if your home is, in a way, poisoning you. But do not worry, here you will read a few very easy and helpful tips on how to improve the health of your entire household.
1. De-cluttering – Get rid of all of all things in your home that are making it look and feel cluttered. If you keep saving every single little thing, you will end up suffocating your home and yourself. If you have gifts and souvenirs around for people to see, think about if you really need them. If you do not, there is no point in them just standing in your living room creating clutter. Old appliances or toys, or used clothes that no one is using any more but you keep them because they remind you of something – donate them or throw them away. Thank them for their help and use over the years, and let go of them. Beauty very often lies in simplicity.
2. Clear the air in your home – The air in your home can sometimes be even more heavy and dangerous to your family’s health without you even realising it. Every time you cook, shower, have guests over, spray perfume or use any cleaning product – you fill your home with smells and chemicals that if they remain in your home for long can cause minor respiratory problems to your family. Make sure to always turn the ventilation systems in your kitchen and bathroom. And also make sure to dust and clean your furniture – they collect a lot of dust and every time you sit on your sofa a tiny cloud of dust is coming out and mixes with the air you breath. And also keep your windows open as much as you can, there is nothing better than that.
3. Switch to natural products – this is a very important tip, provided by Professional Cleaners Acton because it will bring about the most noticeable difference. Try to incorporate as many natural products into your cleaning routine as you can. Use essential oils, white vinegar, lemons, baking soda, and there are many more ingredients that are essential for all-natural cleaning products recipes. Try using better cleaning solutions and you will notice the difference soon. Because when you use toxic cleaning products you are poisoning your own home.
4. Fight mold and mildew – this problem is also very important because it can create respiratory problems as well, and even skin irritations. So you better fight them or prevent their appearing as quickly as possible. To prevent mildew and mold appearing in your home you can again use the exhaust fans in your bathroom and kitchen to limit the humidity. Keep your windows open, or if you have mold already, spray it with white vinegar, let it sit for a few hours and clean.
5. And last but not least, add more plants and flowers inside of your home. Whether it is a small herb garden in your kitchen or a few green plants in your living room, you should have as many as you can. They will purify the air naturally, give it a nice natural smell, and will look great as well.
Follow these 5 simple tips on making your home a cleaner and a healthier place. You will feel the benefits soon afterwards, for sure.
This was a guest post by Harry Carr.
Harry Carr is a working mom. She is from London and she runs a small cleaning company. In her spare time she writes home improvement articles.