Grilling, camping, ‘roughing it’ or just because, these packets make cooking a breeze and clean up a snap. Feel free to exchange ingredients according to taste.
Here is proof that creative side dishes can still be simple, fresh, and delicious, fresh from a smoky grill.
- ½ Lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Fresh Thyme, leaves striped from 3 stems
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 cups (defrosted) frozen Whole Baby Carrots
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into ⅛-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh/defrosted frozen green beans
- 1 medium to large yellow squash, cut into ⅛-inch slices
- 2 large sweet bell peppers, cut into 1" squares
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Grease 24x18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (with cooking spray/shortening/butter/lard/bacon grease/etc.)
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl. Spoon mixture onto foil. Fold foil over vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packet 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning packet over after 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Some alternate vegetable ideas include zucchini, tomato, mushrooms, corn on the cob, sweet potato, red potatoes, sweet onion, and asparagus.
If you’ve made this recipe; I’d love to see a picture!
Just tag it with #EmmmmerzEatz and I’ll re-share!